Pages

15.10.18

JAPAN AUTUMN TRIP 2017: A Day In Takayama


Shirakawa-go was on my last year trip itinerary, and after some researches, I decided to visit the place from the city Takayama. Actually Takayama is closer from Kyoto, but because of one thing and another, I decided to visit Takayama from Tokyo, which is quite far. So this post will be about my one night stay in Takayama.

You could actually visit Shirakawa-Go from another city, like Kanagawa. But since I found a tour package from a hostel in Takayama, I decided to stay there. It was a total of 5 hours something trip from Tokyo to Takayama. I used my JR Pass and rode Hikari train to Nagoya, then I got transferred to the JR Hida limited express train to Takayama. The view from Nagoya to Takayama was absolutely stunning. Let me share some of the pictures I took from my seat. I was all alone on this trip, but I was not bored at all because of the view.







Since I love konbini food so much, I purchased from food 7 Eleven to accompany me along the way. Konbini food never fails! And yes I bought Evian for the sake of Mickey Mouse, anyway it didn't cost much with other mineral water brand there. They're all expensive.


Finally I arrived at Takayama. This city is much colder than Tokyo, even colder than Kyoto. The weather forecast told that it was going to snow that day. I was excited to experience my first snowing day, too bad it didn't snow after all.


It was Saturday, and the city was quiet. I think Takayama is a perfect city for an introvert who enjoys wandering around alone like me. But if you don't like quite place, you could head to Sanmachi Suji / Takayama Old Town where all the people are buzzing around.


This is the place where you can find the infamous Takayama's delicacies like Hida Beef Sushi, Hida Croquette, Mitarashi Dango and else.


My first joining the queue activity here was for the Hida beef sushi. Don't leave Takayama before you have this! Takayama is all about Hida beef.


Hida Beef Sushi - JPY 500

And yes, they were good! The beef was so tender and nice.


Above is a place that sells Hida Gyuuman, or may I call it beef bun, another well known Takayama's delicacy.

Next, I made a stop at this Mitarashi Dango stall.


Mitarashi Dango - JPY 80

Basically it was a skewered round mochi grilled and covered with soy sauce. Well, not my favourite but worth a try since it was cheap anyway.

My next stop was to purchase Hida beef croquettes. Since the order was made using a machine, I entered the wrong type of croquette and made another purchase for the one I was aiming for. So, two croquettes for me.

Croquettes (2) - JPY 450

They were still hot and good. This was quite a cure for a chilly day like that day.

I spotted a 'sarubobo' in front of a shop.


This red doll is a mascot of Hida region. I think they were on every packaging of the town's souvenir.

I was quite full from all the snacking, and decided to move the other part of the town.


This city was quite tranquilizing for me. It has a countryside charm, quiet yet relaxing and pleasing the eyes. I just walked here and there enjoying each corner I spotted.













It got colder in the afternoon, that I decided to enter a random coffee shop. The name 'Traveller' coffee house bought me.


Black Tea - JPY 400

I chose tea though, afraid that caffeine would affect my night. Nice place to relax my feet for a while.


It was not even 5 PM and the city started to get dark and chilly. The temperature dropped to 0°C and I headed back to my hostel, entered my room, and set the heater on. I was thinking to have dinner but the weather kept me away from leaving my room.

And I paid a visit to the place I planned to had dinner the day after. The place is called Mame Tengu, a restaurant that serves Takayama Ramen.




Hida Takayama Noodle - JPY 800

Takayama ramen is quite different from the other ramen I had before. It has clearer broth, quite unique one since the broth used dried bonito flakes, and vegetables as a base, and mixed with a secret sauce made with soy sauce and miso before boiling. The noodle itself was springy and curly.


It was overall delicious! Especially when the weather outside was freakin' cold.

I think Takayama is a wonderful city to spend a night or two.




-------

JAPAN TRIP SERIES 2017
Konnichiwa! I'm back!
JAPAN AUTUMN TRIP 2017: Preparation and Cost
JAPAN AUTUMN TRIP 2017: Back to Dotonbori
JAPAN AUTUMN TRIP 2017: Fall Foliage at Minoo Park and Quick Visit to Kuromon Market
JAPAN AUTUMN TRIP 2017: Autumn in Kyoto
JAPAN AUTUMN TRIP 2017: A Day In Takayama
JAPAN AUTUMN TRIP 2017: November Snow at Shirakawa-Go

JAPAN TRIP SERIES 2015

6 komentar:

Pieces of My Blog

review (334) food (322) seafood (99) Central Jakarta (87) chicken (80) rice (79) pork (76) travel (69) japanese cuisine (67) noodle (67) South Jakarta (64) indonesian cuisine (62) beef (61) West Jakarta (58) desserts (55) dessert (52) italian cuisine (51) cake (48) chinese cuisine (47) pasta (47) japan (33) Grand Indonesia (32) daily (32) soup (32) american cuisine (30) North Jakarta (27) ice cream (27) korean cuisine (27) japan trip (26) PIK (21) salad (20) Central Park (19) burger (19) dim sum (19) jalan-jalan jepang (19) miscellaneous (19) pizza (19) steak (18) thoughts (18) South Korea (15) backpacker jepang (15) biaya ke jepang (15) kway teow (15) Plaza Indonesia (14) duck (14) jepang (14) thai cuisine (14) yogyakarta (14) hotel (13) persiapan ke jepang (13) sushi (13) indian cuisine (12) ramen (12) singapore cuisine (12) french cuisine (11) family (10) singapore (10) Pacific Place (9) coffee shop (9) friends (9) japan trip 2019 (9) senopati (9) Seoul (8) all you can eat (8) autumn in japan (8) chocolate (8) doodling (8) fine dining (8) kopitiam (8) tex-mex cuisine (8) Gandaria City (7) Puri Indah (7) Serpong (7) event (7) fashion (7) hokkaido (7) milk tea (7) osaka (7) tokyo (7) Hong Kong (6) Mal Puri Indah (6) Taman Anggrek (6) brunch (6) pastry (6) scbd (6) tea (6) thailand (6) thamrin (6) Taman Ratu (5) backpacker korea (5) fall in japan (5) japan trip 2017 (5) kyoto (5) lamb (5) looklet (5) malaysia (5) mocktail (5) sashimi (5) travel korea (5) Kota Kasablanka (4) Plaza Senayan (4) coffee (4) dutch cuisine (4) gapyeong (4) itinerary korea (4) japan trip budget (4) malaysian cuisine (4) meatball (4) mexican cuisine (4) phuket (4) sandwich (4) snack (4) vegetarian (4) Alam Sutera (3) Citywalk Sudirman (3) Jeju (3) Lotte Shopping Avenue (3) Mangga Besar (3) Muara Karang (3) Senayan City (3) Setiabudi One (3) biaya korea (3) bsd (3) buffet (3) cocktail (3) curhat colongan (3) curry (3) disneyland (3) fast food (3) itinerary jepang (3) jalan-jalan korea (3) menteng (3) mobile apps (3) peranakan cuisine (3) porridge (3) sapporo (3) spanish cuisine (3) sudirman (3) theme park (3) Gatot Subroto (2) Panglima Polim (2) Sabang (2) Taiwanese Cuisine (2) bangkok (2) biei (2) bsd city (2) busan (2) delivery (2) feed (2) foie gras (2) fruit (2) furano (2) german cuisine (2) green ville (2) hakodate (2) hokkaido rail pass (2) idol (2) ismaya (2) jalan panjang (2) jogja (2) karawaci (2) martabak (2) mood (2) mushroom (2) music (2) otaru (2) pembuatan visa korea selatan (2) petite france (2) photoraphy (2) ramadhan (2) rooftop (2) satay (2) shabu-shabu (2) shirakawa go (2) sky dining (2) smoothies (2) supermarket (2) tangerang (2) tempura (2) the breeze (2) transportasi jepang (2) visa jepang (2) visa korea ditolak (2) visit korea (2) wine (2) yokohama (2) Bogor (1) Cisarua (1) FX (1) Femina (1) Femina FoodLovers (1) For Sale (1) Hajime Ramen House (1) Juanda (1) Kuningan (1) Kuningan City (1) Living World (1) MKG (1) Mal Ciputra (1) PX Pavilion (1) Pesanggrahan (1) Sentul (1) Slipi (1) Tangerang Selatan (1) Tebet Green (1) World Street Food Congress 2013 (1) aeon mall (1) airasia jepang (1) airport (1) alcohol (1) art (1) asakusa (1) asisten pribadi (1) backpacker ke korea (1) bakso (1) bandung (1) bar (1) beach (1) belgian cuisine (1) best ramen Jakarta (1) bintaro (1) bread (1) breakfast (1) british cuisine (1) bubur ayam (1) buka puasa (1) cake shop (1) celebrity chef (1) cheap eats korea (1) chicken rice (1) christmas (1) citos (1) comfort food (1) cookies (1) croissant (1) de ritz building (1) disneysea (1) diy (1) doraemon (1) dotonbori (1) emporium pluit (1) fish (1) foliage (1) food bazaar (1) food court (1) fuglen (1) fujiko f. fujio (1) fusion (1) garden korea (1) gelato (1) gion (1) gotemba (1) gotemba premium outlet (1) gusung macan (1) gwangali (1) haeundae (1) hakone (1) high tea (1) home-made cuisine (1) hotdog (1) htiachi seaside park (1) intiland tower (1) jepang mahal (1) jr pass (1) juice (1) kawasaki (1) kebayoran (1) kelapa gading (1) kemang (1) kemayoran (1) kempinski (1) kepulauan seribu (1) kiyomizu dera (1) korail pass (1) kushiyaki (1) lake toya (1) lighting festival (1) lippo mall kemang (1) lippo mall puri (1) macau (1) makan apa di myeongdong (1) makan murah di korea (1) mal kelapa gading (1) mandarin oriental (1) meguro (1) membabibuta (1) middle eastern cuisine (1) midplaza (1) milkshake (1) moroccan cuisine (1) mutton (1) myeongdong (1) myeongdong food guide (1) nami island (1) nara (1) one belpark (1) pancake (1) penang (1) pengajuan visa korea (1) persiapan jepang (1) persiapan ke korea (1) pho (1) pim (1) pondok indah (1) por que no (1) portugese cuisine (1) prayers (1) promo (1) pulau balik layar (1) pulau bulat (1) pulau gosong (1) pulau harapan (1) pulau macan (1) pulau perak (1) radio dalam (1) ramen Jakarta (1) ramen PIK (1) recipe (1) restoran myeongdong (1) roxy (1) running man haha restaurant (1) sausage (1) sekapur sirih (1) sekosani (1) semanggi (1) seoul food guide (1) set menu (1) shinsaibashi suji (1) shopping (1) sogo (1) sop buntut (1) starbucks (1) starbucks reserve (1) stea (1) steak ramen (1) street food (1) suki (1) sundanese food (1) sunday brunch (1) swiss cuisine (1) takayama (1) the garden of morning calm (1) tips (1) toast (1) tokyo disneyland (1) toyako (1) transportasi korea (1) traveloka (1) turkey (1) turkish cuisine (1) tv (1) udon (1) umeda (1) universal studios (1) valentine (1) vegan (1) venison (1) vietnamese cuisine (1) voucher (1) waffle (1) warisan kuliner (1) wedding venue (1) winter in japan (1) wolter monginsidi (1) yanaka ginza (1) yesboss (1)